Responsible for creating and maintaining reports and metrics for financial planning, reporting and analysis. Gathers financial information related to historical, current, and future performance. The Financial analyst’s primary responsibilities include prepare month end financial reports, assist with financial models related to supply chain initiatives and be able to communicate results based on data
Reporting the Manager of Supply Chain.
- Perform daily accounting-related functions, including account reconciliations, general ledger management, accounts receivable and monthly accruals for assigned accounts.
- Ensure payments and compliance with regulatory governmental agencies including HST Remittance, WSIB and Corporate Tax are completed on a timely basis
- Perform credit and collection and accounts payable activities
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow projections
- Manage employee expense reports
- Participate in developing and maintaining the Company’s financial budget, forecast, and planning model
- Prepare, review and analyze quotes, sales orders, receiving of goods, vendor invoices, and generate payments.
- Complete survey requests for government agencies (ex. Statistics Canada) and industry associations
- Assist in managing and improving internal controls
- Participate in monthly closing of financials for the facility
- Continuously assess business and departmental processes, and make changes to improve efficiency and productivity
- Undertake special projects and analysis as requested and make specific recommendations when appropriate
Financial Management Reporting
- Prepare, analyze and present weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reports
- Complete on a timely basis assigned portions of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements
- Assist in preparation of year end file for accountants and liaise with auditors on annual financial statements and tax returns as needed
- Reconcile appropriate balance sheet items and conduct operating financial analysis
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting/finance within a manufacturing environment
- Intermediate Excel and formula writing skills.
- Experience working within a manufacturing focus environment
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and work flexible hours
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills