The Production Planner manages all aspects of the production planning and scheduling of product for multiple production lines within the manufacturing facility. The Planner optimizes the supply, inventory investment, and productivity on the production lines to ensure that the production is available for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Project Management, and access reports, schedules, planning boards and various system files to acquire a detailed understanding of project plans, activity timelines, and target dates.
- Attend and/or lead regular planning/scheduling meetings according to the work center & scheduling requirements.
- Work closely with project management, planning, and manufacturing groups as required in order to assure a complete understanding and communication of manufacturing plans, activity schedules, and target dates.
- Review specific activity planning data to assure the most practical and cost-effective execution and recommend alternative planning as required.
- Assign activities to appropriate staff, work centers and/or machines.
- Confirm and document activity durations and calculate start dates required to meet timeline target dates.
- Confirm that the planned activity start dates will result in completion of the activities by the timeline target dates.
- Create, post, and maintain work center and/or machine activity schedules that will assure successful execution of all scheduled projects.
- Initiate daily interaction with the work center activity manager and staff to assure a complete understanding and acknowledgement of the planned schedules.
- Monitor activity progress against schedules and notify activity managers and/or planning team when meeting target dates may be in jeopardy.
- Monitor and initiate review of schedule issues with the activity manager to establish a plan for corrective action that satisfies the activity target dates. Provide planning input for re-scheduling options.
- Initiate communication with project managers as required to confirm that schedule issues are being identified and resolved in order to assure that activity target dates are being met.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Post secondary education in related business field.
- 5+ years experience in production planning or similar – preferably in a food-manufacturing environment.
- Strong team building skills.
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical ability of inventory, production and sales execution.