The role of the Warehouse and Logistics Manager is critical to the success of Peak Processing Solutions and will be lead a team in a fast-paced environment to success. This position will promote optimization and process improvement and implement procedures that will reduce costs and achieve operational excellence.
The Warehouse and Logistics Manager will ensure that Peak Processing Solutions is operating at peak efficiency to ultimately produce and ship high quality products to maximize customer satisfaction.
A forward-thinking and a goal-oriented leader is required and must be able to work with all across all departments.
- Oversee outgoing and incoming shipping and receiving activities
- Manage and lead all daily activities of the warehouse, including including/outgoing shipments, job material picking and reconciliation, inventory control and logistics.
- Establishing new and implementing changes to existing warehousing procedures to achieve operational efficiencies and cost reduction while maintaining a safe, organized, and clean facility.
- Manage the staging of raw material for production ensuring no disruption to the production plan.
- Manage the material and finished good return from production ensuring inventory accuracy and production standards.
- Oversee incoming shipments and dock planning, ensuring real time entry and accuracy, notifying necessary personnel on any material defects or quantity variances.
- Source and maintain relationship with offsite storage partners.
- Responsible for sourcing, identifying, and maintaining logistics partners with focus on pricing and quality.
- Responsible for coordinating shipments with freight carriers, ensuring proper documentation, shipment arrives on time and correct.
- Responsible for ensuring all inventory movements are accurately documented and are transacted in ERP real time to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Responsible on maintaining regular inventory cycle counts.
- Responsible for enforcing all safety policies in all warehousing and logistical functions.
- Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve warehousing operations.
- Assist in minimizing obsolesces.
- Support in the month end reporting for regulated parties and customers.
- Foster a positive team environment and assist coworkers as required
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Employee management; planning, assigning, and directing work; employee orientation, training and development, rewarding, disciplining, and motivating employees; addressing complaints, resolving conflict, solving problems, and verifying payroll sheets.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Business or other relevant field
- 5-7 years’ warehousing and logistics experience in a fast pace manufacturing environment, preferably in the beverage or cannabis industry
- A strong background in warehouse and logistics operations, including shipping, receiving, inventory control
- Must have demonstrated ability in leading, developing and performance managing direct reports.
- Strong problem solving and management skills.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels across all departments
- Effective in computer software programs and ERP
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Cannabis experience considered an asset.
- Start up experience considered an asset.